Monday, March 23, 2009

Simon's 13 months

Simon had a pretty bad diaper rash last week. As part of his treatment I was letting him run around the house w/o his clothes or diaper on. Our living room has the only carpet in the house, the dining room & kitchen (open floor plan) have laminate wood flooring. As he's running around naked, he goes into the dining room. The next thing I hear is a big thump & him crying. I go into the dining room to see what happened & he had slipped in the puddle of pee he made on the laminate floor. I cleaned him up and called it quits for the night. The next day, I stripped him down again and let him run around. This time, I blocked the kitchen & dining room off w/ baby gates. He walked up to the gate & peed through it onto the laminate floor. He's definitely going to be writing his name in the snow in a couple years!




2 comments:

Janine said...

My mom told me a story of me doing that when I was a tot--actually she told my high school boyfriends that story!! Traumatizing. So, don't tell Simon's future love interests that story until much later in their relationship! HA!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erika:

My apologies for contacting you this way.

I found you through the Baby Center Community's Abortion/Termination debate board. I'm writing a magazine article about embryo adoption and am trying to find people who protest at fertility clinics. If you know anyone or of a group that routinely does this, I'd really appreciate any information.

Best,

Jessie Beauchaine
Columbia University
Graduate School of Journalism
jessbeaux@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box