Monday, August 10, 2009

A new week...

Hopefully this week will go a bit better for me than last week! I'm still really tired, but otherwise doing ok.
I think Andrew is wearing down almost as much as I am. Simon is, of course, still full speed ahead!


Simon is such a little card! We've been working with him on saying his prayers before eating. Dad really did a good job with him while we were in Houston. So now his cue that he's hungry is to put his hand to his forehead like the beginning of the Sign of the Cross! His uncle Matt, a newly out ex-Navy man, has also taught him to 'salute'. Sometimes Simon gets a bit confused & uses both hand for both things! Its so cute!

We went up to mom's yesterday where she has kiddie paradise set up - a pool, their own chairs & table, a ride-on car, and more. Saturday we had a little picnic out there w/ the grown-ups & the kiddos (Sarah & Abby were at mom's too). They watched the grill smoke as it cooked out burgers. Apparently it made quite an impression on Simon b/c yesterday when he got hungry he kept pointing to the grill & saying "Mmmmmm". Then he'd walk over to his little chair & table set up (I think you can see photos on my mom's Facebook) and did his Sign of the Cross. He wanted another picnic!

I go in today to have my blood levels tested (see how my white & red counts are doing). Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Therese said...

prayers for good blood levels.

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box