Monday, October 5, 2009

First day of the last chemo

Today I went in for my last FAC chemo treatment. I have about 7 weeks until Rachel is due to recover. Then I get a week to 10 days after delivery before starting the Taxol chemo for 12 weeks. However, right now the best bet is to focus on the first day of the last round of FAC chemo! Dr. M is very pleased w/ my progress and reaction to the chemo so far. Dr. B is pleased w/ Rachel's progress as well. We didn't get a chance to hear Rachel today b/c we were running behind. However, I felt her moving the whole time I was getting plugged in, so I'm sure all is fine.

Simon is not handling something well, but we're not really sure what is bothering him. He woke up screaming around 230 am this morning. I went to check on him & ended up holding him in his glider for a while. I thought I'd held him long enough to get him back to sleep, but he seemed determined to stay awake. I caved & brought him into our bed. He laid down for a while, but was very restless. I took him back to his room into his bed & he started screaming again. I rocked him some more & put him back w/ the same result. I finally told him he was just going to have to cry. By that time it was 430 am. Andrew had been awake on & off throughout, but he finally got up for good and laid with Simon in the recliner. They 'slept' there till later in the morning. Hopefully he'll sleep better tonight b/c Andrew has to work, so he can't really be up all night/morning. Send us some sleepy time vibes for the little boy please!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box