Friday, January 22, 2010

Sad day...

Today is the commemoration of Roe vs. Wade. What a sad day for all those babies since 1973. Simon, Rachel, mom, & I went to the Cathedral for Mass today. We brought up the gifts - me in my bald head, Simon in his energetic toddle, Rachel in my arms, & mom as our support system. It was a nice Mass full of meaning. Father's homily told about a woman who found a mass on her ovary when she was pregnant. The doctors wanted to remove it. She asked what would happen to the baby. They said there was a 98% chance she'd (the mom) be ok. The mom chose to live with it and her baby. That baby was Father. What a wonderful story.

Another kind of sad note. For the past several days I've not been feeling well. Rachel has also been a bit under the weather. Mostly for Rachel it was showing as her spitting up a lot more than normal and sneezing/coughing infrequently. Well, today after Mass it got bad enough that mom decided to take her to the doctor. They diagnosed her as having RSV. In very young babies it can be life-threatening. She's on the edge of the age-limit. So she spent the night with my mom and is sleeping and getting electrolytes mixed with her formula to keep her hydrated. Her breathing is a bit labored, but the doctor said her lungs are clear. We're not really sure what's wrong w/ me, but for the most part RSV only bothers the very young (according to the pediatrician). Sadly we cannot go visit my new nephew for at least 2 weeks though.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

My middle daughter had RSV at 7 weeks. She spent a few days in the hospital...but she was fine. It's inevitable that they get it....at least in some form. I'm sorry you're not feeling well either. When you are done with treatment and your body begins to recover...you will be so amazed at how good you'll feel. Keep your focus on that! Hang in there. You're in my prayers...so is the baby.

Krystal L. said...

We're praying for you, Rachel, and the boys. Keep up your morale, you're almost there! I loved the dream you had. God does speak to us, we just have to listen. Sometimes it's a whisper. I really liked the little chant too about God is good, God is great, God is love, Love creates. Very inspiring!

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box